The assignment includes on the one hand an architectural component: the construction of new housing and the renovation of a building into a community center, and on the other hand a landscape component: the redesign of the public space in the district (park, square, pedestrian street, market square).
The location of the green space takes a central place in the redevelopment. It becomes a new starting point for creating a green network in the neighborhood. Various spaces will be upgraded and/or made accessible. we distinguish :
- A park with a communal vegetable garden between the new accommodations
- A space near the community center
- A square with space for terraces, activities, market, ...
- A room for the church
- An existing orchard made accessible to the public
To emphasize the coherence and connection between the different places, one kind of material was chosen in different formats. The size of the joints varies according to their positioning in the green or more urban space. A pedestrian street with places for meeting and accompanied by trees creates the relationship between the different spaces. To stimulate social bonding, a number of facilities are integrated into the spatial composition, such as :
- A communal vegetable garden in the heart of the park/green space
- A collective orchard in the convent garden
- A square with a play area linked to the community center
- Terraces at the brasserie and restaurant
- A water element and water games
- All these facilities contribute to the animation in the neighborhood
The choice of plant species strengthens the identity of the spaces. The choice of species pursues various goals, in particular creating atmospheres, contributing to biodiversity, providing a pleasant living environment, creating shade, experiencing the seasons, etc.
The rainwater management system contributes to the liveliness and provides a sense of refreshment in the neighbourhood. For children it is an element for play and beneficial for species such as insects and amphibians.